Welcome to BCFC Times....

Welcome to BCFC Times, the unofficial blog of Bristol City Football Club. We at BCFC Times aim to bring you up-to-date news and opinions, as well as match previews and reviews, from Ashton Gate. We hope you enjoy reading our site and take time to comment and participate in our polls.

Wednesday 16 July 2008

CITY NET METEB, AT LAST!!!!

Bristol City today completed the long awaited signing of Emad Meteb from Al-Ahly for £1.5 million.


The fee makes the Egyptian international City's record transfer into the club, taking Ade Akinbiyi's claim at £1.2 million. The powerful striker has bagged 89 goals in 172 games back in his native land, but today left those stats behind him as he signed a three year deal.


However City will have to wait until Meteb is granted a work permit before he can put on the red shirt, although that shouldn't be a problem. Emad will return home to Egypt to say good bye to his fans against Zamalek however he will NOT play in the match, this was confirmed by Gary Johnson.


The 26 year old told the official site: "I'm happy to be here and I hope to give all my best for Bristol City. I want to give my best for the manager (Gary Johnson), who I like very much.

"I am a natural striker and I know all about Bristol City. I know the kind of supporters that are waiting to see me play. It has been a difficult decision to leave the club where I grew up and learnt my football.

"But this is a professional life and I'm sure they will understand my decision in Egypt. I hope to realise all my dreams with Bristol City."

No comments: