Welcome to BCFC Times....

Welcome to BCFC Times, the unofficial blog of Bristol City Football Club. We at BCFC Times aim to bring you up-to-date news and opinions, as well as match previews and reviews, from Ashton Gate. We hope you enjoy reading our site and take time to comment and participate in our polls.

Thursday 31 July 2008

MAYNARD'S OURS!!!

Bristol City today clinched the signing of Crewe Alexandra's young striker Nicky Maynard for a record breaking fee of £2.25million.


The 21-year old has put pen to paper on a 4-year deal after he today passed a medical and agreed terms. City had made a bid of more than £1.5million for the Crewe Alexandra graduate earlier in the summer but the Railwaymen declined City's bid.


However after the Mifsud fiasco broke down City were quick to get Maynard in with a deal being agreed just last night. The forward has been Crewe's top scorer for the past two season's grabbing 35 goals in 57 matches - an impressive tally in any league.


The Windsor-born speed demon becomes City's record ever signing, smashing past Ade Akinbiyi's arrival by just under £1million, but he insists it won't affect him, Maynard told bcfc.co.uk:"To be honest I don't feel that sort of pressure, I just like going out there and enjoying my football.


"i want to score as many goals as I can and help Bristol City into the Premier League. Everyone is confident the team can go one step further and hopefully I'll be able to help that.


"I'm so excited. It's a good move for me to keep progressing in my career. This seem like the perfect place for me."


Nicky Maynard will make his first appearance in the City shirt tomorrow night at home to Royal Antwerp in City's final pre-season match.

No comments: